OK hands up time – the amazing artist behind Scarlett, Tulip & Co is a friend but even if I didn’t know Sim, I’d still be raving about his new business. Scarlett, Tulip & Co are a small independent business based in Exeter, who create bespoke illustrations of children’s artwork.
Imagine how thrilled your child would be to see THEIR picture re-imagined by a professional artist into a glorious work of art? Well that is exactly what Sim does, paying great attention to your child’s style and creative process.
Scarlett, Tulip & Co, Re-imagining Children’s Artwork
Don’t think of it as an attempt to improve the already talented artwork your child has created – it’s a collaboration between the unfiltered creativity of the Child’s mind and then re-imagined in the equally Childlike mind of the illustrator.
Sim, the artist and father to Scarlett and owner of Tulip the cat, came up with the idea for the service when he discovered that Scarlett had drawn a monster like image in his sketchbook.
He decided to draw his idea of her monster on the opposite page to see what she would think of it! Scarlett loved it, she loved seeing her imagination come alive with Sim’s artistic talent. He showed it to friends and they loved it too, from this the idea for Scarlett, Tulip and Co was born.
As well as thrilling your child, these will make wonderful presents for grandparents or for Mothering Sunday (that’s 26th March this year) or Father’s Day.
How it works
1. You and your child pick a piece of their artwork which they would like re-imagined.
2. Contact us to let us know you are interested in a commissioning a new piece of artwork, one of us will get in touch with you and answer any questions you may have and let you know the current waiting time.
3. You send a photograph of it to us, letting us know if you would like a pen and ink drawing or a full colour watercolour and whether you would like it mounted or framed and a 25% deposit.
4. Sim will begin sketching his imaginations, and send you photographs of the process to ensure that you are happy with the direction of the artwork.
5. When you are satisfied with the sketches, Sim will complete the artwork and arrange delivery to you.
We are sure that you and your child will enjoy the results.
Prices start at just £19.99 for a 6″ x 8″ mounted single colour pen and ink illustration, to £69.99 for a 6″x 8″ mounted full colour watercolour finished with a frame of your choosing from our selection of frames.
All artwork is prepared to the highest standard, using only the highest quality materials.
Pen and Inks are drawn on 280gsm Bristol Board Paper and Sennelier Indian Inks.
Watercolours are all painted on 400gsm Bockingford paper and Windsor & Newton paints finished with Sennelier Indian Inks.
You can get in touch with Sim via his Facebook Page, where you can see more of his work.
Some of Scarlett, Tulip & Co previous commissions
We are already in talks with Sim about commissioning our own work of art. Here’s L hard at work on her part – can’t wait to see how Sim re-imagines our cat Tolster.